Monday 24 September 2007

Life as we know it is over....

Well, this has been a very short lived blog...and I'm doing my utmost right now to ensure I never revisit Slough or Stockley Park again...

But never fear, with Paddington Bear as my mascot we will continue our adventures on my original blog.

THE SQUID FILES

So check it out!

Although, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Slough now. Full of immigrants, just like me, trying to find work, just like me. *sigh*

It makes me think of an article I recently saw in the Metro. Their best ever. It was about Paddington Bear, and being an asylum seeker....hmmm

It was along the lines of if Paddington had arrived in 2007 and not 1958 then the following would have occurred:
  • Paddington arrives from Peru as an illegal immigrant, no visas, passport, nada!
  • He is an animal and should have been put in quarantine
  • Otherwise he would have been thrown in a detention centre with no civil rights
  • He would have been deported
  • His suitcase would have caused a major security incident and cleared Paddington Station, and then would have been blown up.

And just some more food for thought today. Amnesty International has condemned Britain for its treatment of Asylum seekers from Iraq, the country that Britain fu*k3d up along with the USA...Britain actually deports Iraqis back 'home' to the rubble and violence it created..this makes me sick!

Over and out.

No comments: