Sunday 2 September 2007

come stai?

It now takes 1hr 45 mins to travel to work. Each way....zzzz.....So I'm charging up my ipod, and have just downloaded my newest purchase. An Italian language cd. Yes, I'm studying Italian. I'm just having visions now of listening to this on the train...deep in concentration...hand gestures waving about everywhere... offending someone and starting brawl... great.

It's quite cool. It comes with an exercise book and I listen to the little tests and mark down the answers in the book. So I'm finally making use of the pencil, sharpener and eraser set that my mother sent to me for Christmas....???...Yes, I'm still her little girl and this is quite typical of the presents I receive. At least there's no underwear or socks anymore. I have a variety of coloured socks which I only ever wear with boots to cover them. Teddy bears, rainbow socks...you name it...I got it...

But yeah, so I won't get to Italy this year, but I guess the fact I'm paying a visit home to Melbourne in November will mean I'll get enough practice....Lygon Street, Carlton....can't wait for a real pizza. Made by Calabrians and Sicilians.... the real deal....none of this Pizza Express rubbish.

Anyway, 8 weeks to go and roughly 3 hrs per day available to me to practise Italian...Molto bene!

Ma adesso, ho sonno e devo dormire...buona sera...

No comments: