Wednesday 4 July 2007

Room service

It feels bizarre staying in a serviced apartment. Tonight I can't be bothered with anything. In fact, I've been in a slobbish mood all day...eating junk..yawning profusely.. and there is a visible trail of where I've been since I got in the door tonight. Dirty dishes dumped in the sink, scattered saucepans across the bench tops. Socks left in 2 different locations in the lounge. Clothes strewn across various other locations.

The domestic staff are great here. They've replenished the towels, the bed clothes, the tea towels...and annoyingly put the remote controls away under the tv and neatly arranged the coasters on the coffee table. So I made a mess...(the story of my life right now.

I do have to say one thing. Watching tv tonight I saw that BBC correspondent Alan Johnston had been released. I was so happy to see this, really and honestly moved to tears... It was wonderful news. Best of luck to him and his family and friends.

No comments: